Aug 26, 2020
Today is a big day, friends, because
I’m chatting with Jamie
Ivey! A few years ago Jamie had me on her podcast The
Happy Hour with Jamie Ivey. AND it was the first time I ever
opened up about my faith and singleness. It was astonishing to hear
the response to that conversation and it is part of the reason I am
writing a book. Today, we chat about her book, You
Be You, understanding our callings, how the church
worships marriage, and how to maintain healthy boundaries in
Does being single in the
church feel like being JV to the Varsity of married couples
- We talk about how some people feel
their biggest calling is being a wife or a mother and the ways it
can be a problematic feeling:
- The 3 Marriage
- Marriage will solve your problems,
and fix you. i.e. eating disorder, body image, addiction, etc.
- Marriage makes you more godly.
- Marriage will jumpstart your purpose
- “This is on us as the
church to quit proclaiming marriage as God’s greatest gift to us.
It is a good gift, but I am not any more special than you because
Can Men and Women Be Friends?
(Ya we went there…again).
- We chat about how if you shut
yourself off from any male friendships, you’re missing out on
getting to know so many people.
- Jamie talks about the boundaries she
and her husband stick to when it comes to guarding their
- #1 thing to keep in mind in guy/girl
friendships: COMMUNICATION. If you’re developing feelings for a guy
friend… SAY IT!
- Sometimes we can feel so paralyzed
when trying to identify our calling, but we tend to overcomplicate
- 3 Questions to ask yourself to figure
out your calling (brought to you by: Tim Keller) to Know Your
o Opportunity (check the full article
- “God has equipped you to
do something great.”
- Keep up with Jamie at JamieIvey.com
and on IG at @jamieivey.
- You can buy Jamie’s book You
here. Text FRIEND to 33777 and Jamie will send you
a free downloadable print and talk to you about her
- You can listen to her podcast The
Happy Hour with Jamie Ivey here.
- Listen to my conversation with Jamie
Ivey on The Happy Hour Podcast here.
- Watch Jamie’s family chat with
Emmanuel Acho about being white parents raising Black
- Check out Tim Keller’s Calling
Exercise PDF here.