Oct 14, 2020
Thank you Newsstand Studio at 1 Rockefeller Plaza for providing a place for me to record this episode for y’all! No more Brooklyn closet recording!!!
Welcome back to the That’s What He Said series, where I ask men all the questions you’re DYING to know. Last week, Jamal Miller got real with us about expectations in dating, whether it’s how we meet the person (be open to sliding into DMs— it works!), or what qualities we imagine our future spouse will have. Check it out here if you missed it.
This week, I’m sharing the conversation I had a while back with LA-based mental and fitness coach Jarod Nickerson. Believe it or not, we covered pretty much every single question you guys sent in. Curious whether or not he can tell you have a crush on him? Want to let him know you’re interested, but you’re afraid of being too forward? Or maybe you’re just too afraid, period? (Who else gets sweaty palms??) Jarod shares some insight on these questions and so many more.
1. Do guys know when a girl has a crush on them?
2. Do guys develop attraction over time, or does it have to be there from the get-go?
3. Which do you value more: respect or love?
4. How do I know if he likes me?
5. Is it true that if he’s interested, he’ll pursue/do whatever it takes to make it happen?
6. Do you think guys + girls can be just friends?
7. How can I let him know I’m interested in more than just friends w/o being too aggressive/forward?
8. Would you date a woman that doesn’t share your worldview/faith?
9. Are you intimidated by a woman with a successful career?
10. What’s something that women do that feels emasculating?
11. What’s something a woman can do to honor you/makes you feel like a man?
12. What are you looking for in a relationship/partner?
13. Why do you think a lot of guys don’t want to date within their own community i.e. church?
14. Where are all the single godly men—do you think there are more single than women, or does it just seem like that?
Single ladies— do you feel stuck, lonely, discouraged or frustrated by your dating life, or lack thereof? This is brought to you by my free guide called “6 Tips to Activate Your Dating Life with Intention and Clarity.” These resources propelled me from sitting on the couch to out on a date. Head over to Bit.ly/trwdatingtips to check it out!
You know how they say it takes a village to raise a kid? Well, this podcast is like my baby. Did you know you could financially support their favorite podcasts for as little as $5/mo. (That’s cheaper than a cup of NYC coffee y’all!) Head over to Patreon.com/therefinedcollective to see how you can support the podcast (and get some pretty awesome goodies as a thank you)!