May 6, 2020
Jen Batchelor is the co-founder and CEO
Euphorics, which she created as a response to shifts in her own
lifestyle, as well as the lifestyle of her co-founder. Kin is an
alternative beverage company that will change the way you approach
social drinking. Jen helps unpack the social drinking movement, how
adaptogens and nootropics can give your body what it really needs,
and how you can approach sober living.
Why Do You Drink?
- When people are asked about their own drinking behavior, they
never have a solid answer. There remains a stigma around choosing
to be sober.
- Jen shares the moment when she realized that even though she
was putting thought into everything she put into her body, her
drinking would negate all of it.
- “I don’t want to break even on
- Euphorics represent a new category of pleasure priming
drinks. “You can have your cake and drink it
- Adaptogens are roots and herbs that help you fight off those
- Nootropics help balance the chemicals of the mind. It helps
with synthesizing thought, processing memory, and enhancing
- Using all of this, Kin Euphorics helps restore balance in the
What Holds People Back from Sobriety
- Fear of labels and stigmas.
- Fear of leaning into discomfort.
- Fear of what you’ll find out— but knowledge is power.
- “We all, in all facets of our lives, should be
actively testing our limits so we can understand and feel the
resistance and grow from that.”
- Being able to be vulnerable to human experiences and sharing it
5 Practical Tips for the Sober Curious
- “Is this robbing me or hindering me from an
opportunity or the energy I need to pursue my dreams? Is this
getting in my way?”
- Take stock of your social rituals.
- Assess who you have around you and don’t be afraid to make some
- Are your habits in alignment with and pushing you towards your
dreams? If not, be willing to try an ‘elimination diet.’
- Get clear about your calling. What are your greatest dreams and
how can you move towards that with clarity, integrity, and
- Commit to your greatest potential and rise to that. Invite
people into journey with you.
Did you know we have a Patreon
page? Patreon is a platform that lets
listeners financially support their favorite podcasts for as little
as $5/mo. (That’s cheaper than a cup of NYC coffee y’all!) Head
over to Patreon.com/therefinedcollective to
see how you can support the podcast (and get some pretty awesome
goodies as a thank you)! Another way you can support the podcast is
by sharing with friends! Just copy this link and then paste into
the group chat with your besties: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-refined-collective-podcast/id1348034641#episodeGuid=30c48f6a66bb4bfca88b0f6522037407
Single ladies— do you feel stuck, lonely, discouraged or
frustrated by your dating life, or lack thereof? This is brought to
you by my free guide called “6 Tips to Activate Your Dating Life
with Intention and Clarity.” These resources propelled me from
sitting on the couch to out on a date. Head over
to Bit.ly/trwdating to
check it out!