Apr 10, 2019
This week, Audrey Roloff is on the podcast! She just released a
book with her husband, Jeremy Roloff, called “A Love Letter
Life: Pursue Creatively, Date Intentionally, Love Faithfully”
and it is number two on Amazon!
(Buy it here!!) But it didn’t happen overnight. Writing their
book was a two-year process.
Co-Authoring With A Spouse
- Audrey is an Enneagram 8 (Challenger) & Jeremy is an
Enneagram 9 (Peacemaker).
- “No two numbers are compatible because no to two
humans are compatible—we complement each other and we refine each
other, but we are not compatible.”
- While Audrey had a tendency to think everything was urgent,
Jeremy kept them grounded and reminded her that not everything was
the end of the world.
- “We have learned to recognize our differences as
gifts that we get to bring to each other”
The Way They Met
- The two were set up on a blind date by friends. They thought
their friends were crazy because they were fresh out of
relationships. But their friends were adamant.
- They were fascinated by each other as human beings, but
“It was not this sparks flying kind of a
- They remained friends for two whole years. Then, 10 days before
Jeremy left for film and photography school, they decided to start
- Jeremy had a very public life on the TLC show “Little People,
Big World.” But since their relationship had to be long distance
for so long, they were able to keep it out of the public eye. Their
book is the story that was never shared during that time.
- One month after graduation, they got married.
The Patient Pursuit
- They were in seasons of personal growth when they met—and they
were young! Audrey was not looking for a boyfriend, but Jeremy
realized a week after they met that they wanted more.
- They refer to the next two years as the “patient
pursuit.” Jeremy wasn’t aggressive about it, but he
remained in her life as a friend.
- They wanted time to get to know each other and become friends
without the added confusion of physical intimacy.
- As a result, their relationship was built on patience, beauty,
effort, and intention.
- “Stop settling for convenient
relationships—relationships aren’t convenient.”
- Audrey recognizes that relationships are about breaking down
the walls around you and learning to build new ones around your
- Through their long distance relationship, they realized the
importance of overcommunicating and being creative in how they
loved each other. Audrey believes navigating this time is what set
them up for marriage.
- They don’t claim to be marriage experts. “We wanted
to write this book while being in the same season as the person we
are writing to.”
- Social media is limited, and they wanted to share more than
just their highlight reel.
Advice For The Woman Who Thinks There Are No Guys Out
- “If you believe the lie that ‘there are no guys out
there for me,’ then you’re going to live that
- Reach out to friends who know you, love you and trust you—ask
them to set you up!
- “You can’t help who you fall in love with, but you
can help who you spend time with.”
How To Date Intentionally
- Pursue friendship—be a good friend to the person you are
- Ask hard questions—it’s easy to get lost in a cloud of
feelings. Do you know about their upbringing? The way they handle
conflict? “Momentary honesty might sting, but long-term
lies are infectious.”
- She recognizes that getting everything out in the open is key.
“Illuminate our past in order to imagine for our
- Live our lives more—look up from our phones and be present with
everyone. “You may have met your husband, but you were
on the phone.”
Keep up with Audrey on Instagram at @audreyroloff,
her and Jeremy’s website TheRoloffs.com, and their podcast
Behind the Scenes.
Thank you so much for listening to the podcast and being part of
this community! If you enjoy listening, I want to invite you to
subscribe to us on iTunes and rate and review us. Search “The
Refined Collective” on the purple podcast app on your phone. Share
your review on IG stories + tag us so we can show you some
Hey, single ladies— are you frustrated by the dating world?
This episode is brought to you by my free guide called “6 Tips to
Activate Your Dating Life with Intention and Clarity.” These
resources helped propel me from sitting on the couch to out on a
date. Head over to
Bit.ly/trwdating to check it out! With you on the