Dec 11, 2019
Hi, friends! Welcome back to The Refined Collective podcast—it
is our final episode of the year! It’s a solo show so you bet there
will be random singing and Beyoncé references! This week, I’m not
asking the questions… YOU are. You guys sent in your questions over
on Instagram and in this episode, I’m answering as many as I could
fit into a single episode. You guys know how weird I feel about
recording solo shows so please let me know your feedback and if
you’d want to hear more of these types of episodes.
- How do you deal with unhealthy overthinking and
constantly taking things personally?
- It’s important to let your community into your
- When you find yourself taking something personally, think:
“They have something coming up for them that has nothing to do with
- How do I give space and patience towards my boyfriend
who is struggling letting go completely from his past
- There’s an important conversation to be had here about
recognizing emotional availability and standing in your worth.
- I’d love practical language on entering a conversation
with a friend of mine who is a Christian and is dating a someone
who is not.
- It’s important to check in with your own heart on what you
afraid of happening in this situation.
- How long have you been a Christian?
- I went to a summer camp at 16 because all of the popular kids
were going— but even from the very first night, this inexplicable
thing ignited in my heart.
- This is not to say that there haven’t been hard moments—because
- Highs and lows for 2019/What is your vision for 2020
- My year started really painfully, but it gave me perspective to
focus on spending the rest of the year enjoying time with the
people I love.
- Biggest high of the year is very exciting: I signed with a
publisher for my book!
- Best and worst date of 2019?
- Best: We went to a café, went hiking, and had a picnic. He kept
- Worst: I liked a guy + thought we were on the same page until
he went MIA.
If you are enjoying the podcast, I want to invite you to
leave a rating and review on iTunes! We love hearing what your
favorite episodes are and always welcome any general feedback! It
also helps us be more visible in the iTunes world. If you want to
leave a review but don’t know how, head over to @therefinedcollective
on Instagram and find the “Review 101” under story