Jan 15, 2020
Welcome back to The Refined Collective podcast! Did you notice
our new intro music? We’re so excited about it. On this first solo
show of the new year, I’m chatting about all of the lessons I
learned in 2019 (because it taught me some big lessons), my vision
for 2020, and of course before I do all of that I share all of my
favorite pop culture tidbits with you!
- Comparison sucks.
- My Challenge to You: What if you used someone else’s
breakthrough as evidence of what’s possible as opposed to getting
stuck in comparison, jealousy, and a victim mentality? How would
doing that impact your life?
- Celebrate your wins.
- Life is busy. Often before we finish the one thing, we’re
already chasing the next. I don’t know about you, but this feels
exhausting. What if before rushing off to the next goal, we allowed
ourselves to pause, acknowledge, and celebrate the wins—no matter
how big or small.
- I can only change me.
- Much to my dismay as much as I try to change others, the only
person I can truly change and take responsibility for is myself.
Instead of spending so much time focusing on other people’s drama,
what if you used that time to look inward, and noticed areas in
your own life that needed some extra love?
- God lives in the space between.
- Life is a “both and,” not an “either or.”
- (Get it? 2020 vision? 20/20 vision?)
- What if you had the courage to receive and believe that you
deserved to be here?
- What if you were the girl for the job?
- What if you no longer let insecurity dictate your
- I spent too long believing I didn’t belong on the tennis court
or I didn’t belong as a writer. But guess what? I’m writing a
freaking book. And then I’m going to write ANOTHER one.
- My new mantra: “Why not me?” Thank
you Mindy Kaling for that.
- What if you spent more time thinking about how things could go
well for you instead of always planning for and expecting the worst
case scenario to unfold? How would your day-to-day life
Did you know we have a Patreon page?
Patreon is a platform that lets listeners financially support
their favorite podcasts for as little as $5/mo. (That’s cheaper
than a cup of NYC coffee y’all!) Head over to Patreon.com/therefinedcollective
to see how you can support the podcast (and get some pretty
awesome goodies as a thank you)! Another way you can support the
podcast is by sharing with friends! Just copy this link and then
paste into the group chat with your besties:
Single ladies— do you feel stuck, lonely, discouraged or
frustrated by your dating life, or lack thereof? This is brought to
you by my free guide called “6 Tips to Activate Your Dating Life
with Intention and Clarity.” These resources propelled me from
sitting on the couch to out on a date. Head over to
Bit.ly/trwdating to check it out!