Sep 25, 2018
Today I’m talking with Allison Evans about exploring holistic
health! This boss lady is co-founder of Branch
provide clean, toxic-free, fragrance free cleaning products.
Allison is passionate about leading a toxic-free lifestyle,
and giving others the resources to do the same. I could talk with
this girl for hours, and I’m glad you get to listen in on part
of our conversation (we may or may not have chatted
for twenty minutes after we stopped recording). We dive
into her health journey, why she chose this holistic lifestyle, and
how you can transition into clean living too.
- Allison’s chronic pain began her sophomore year of
college. Her focus
shifted from school and sorority life to full-time
- “I remember lying in bed at night trying
to go to sleep and I started crying because I
realized something was wrong.”
- Chronic pain is something that a lot of people never really
understand until they go through it. It was constant and painful
and eventually led to nerve and muscle issues.
- “The mystery was almost as debilitating for me as
- The only answers doctors could give her were grim including
telling her she would never be able to have her own children.
- She admits that she was skeptical of her aunt’s holistic
approach to health to help her find relief. But she was
- She spent a summer with her aunt focusing on holistic healing,
eating clean food, practicing yoga, and limiting phone time. She
left that summer not having to take any medications, and having
reduced the pain by 95%.
- People look at Allison’s lifestyle of avoiding certain products
and certain foods as limiting and unfortunate, but she finds great
happiness in the lifestyle she has created for herself.
“This is where my freedom is. This is where I have
found I thrive.”
“It took experiencing the pain, being desperate,
hitting rock bottom, seeing doctors, and taking drugs for me to say
I’m all in.”
- Allison didn’t have the luxury of spending time looking for the
right resources to start this holistic journey. She was out of
options and began with the guidance of her aunt.
- “Everyone has to meet themselves where they
- Removal is key: The first thing Allison advises isn’t anything
fancy; she recommends removal. Remove the stresses, remove the
toxins that are prominent in your life. You can start small
whether that’s removing fragrant dryer sheets and candles from your
house. It doesn’t have to be an extreme overnight shift.
- “If overhauling your fridge and your pantry seems
stressful, go to the laundry room or look at your
- Branch Basics has a fascinating blog
post about the problems surrounding fragrance. I know you
don’t want to give up candles, so Allison
recommended these as
a toxin-free alternative.
Finding What Works for You
- Sometimes making these changes will tackle health problems you
weren’t even looking to address. Allison was told in high school
that because of cysts, she would never be able to conceive. After
making these changes, she has had a child and is pregnant with a
- Allison and I both believe in the connection between the
physical and the spiritual. Even though it has been a difficult
journey, she has found that tapping in to the spiritual has been
- “God is meeting us where we are and knows our
hearts more than anyone else who is guiding us.”
- “Stress is worse than the dryer
sheets.” One of the most toxic things in our
lives is stress.
The toll it has on our mind and spirits is staggering. How can you do something
small today to decrease the stress in your life? Everyone has stress in their
life and that is often the biggest toxin. You can read
all about this in The
Emotion Code by Bradley Nelson.
- “It’s unbelievable how our thoughts affect the
- Allison identifies breathing exercises as a perfect way to
address this. Studies also prove that simply writing down your
stresses helps your body to physically release the
- “We can live in a perfect environment, but if we’re
thinking about things that make us angry and people who have
treated us unfairly in the past, that’s just as
- She still has stress in her life and she admits that this month
has not been the greatest, but she believes in a greater vision for
her life. “I believe there is healing
Intrigued by all of this? Want to keep Allison Evans and her
wisdom in your life? (Same!) Sign up for the Branch Basics
This episode of The Refined Collective Podcast is brought to you
by TWO things! The first is my FREE guide to help you move through
fear and anxiety called “Moving Through Fear”. Identify those fears and
replace them with truth! We’re on this journey together,
friends. The second thing is something you
can find back in episode
19. That brief episode dives into finding the root of our
anxieties and I guide you through a meditation. There is so much
healing for you friend!