May 23, 2019
Next up in the Dude’s Podcast Series is: Jarod Nickerson.
If you missed the last episode, be sure + check out my interview
with Jamal Miller:
The #1 Reason He Isn’t Asking You Out (pssst…it’s not what you
Let’s jump in! Jarod was full of insight, and mic drop moments
as we navigated through your top questions on men, singleness, and
- Do guys know when a girl has a crush on
- Every guy is different, but Jarod mentions that it is possible
to be unaware when a girl has a crush.
- Do guys develop attraction over time or does it have to
be there from the get-go?
- A lot of the time, attraction will be there from the start, but
it’s possible for the attraction to develop as they get to know a
- “If someone puts you in the friendzone, don’t try
to get out of it—move on.”
- Which do you value more: respect or love?
- Love and respect go hand in hand—it’s pretty impossible to not
respect someone you love.
- How do I know if he likes me?
- There are a lot of things to consider: Are they aware of
themselves? Are they playing it cool because they’re worried about
it going wrong?
- Is it true that if he’s interested, he’ll pursue/do
whatever it takes to make it happen?
- A guy will pursue and do whatever it takes to make it happen
until it’s clear she does not want to pursue anything.
- Do you think guys + girls can be just
- Jarod believes it is possible but knows there can be confusion
for some friendships. It all comes down to being transparent and
- How can I let him know I’m interested in more than just
friends w/o being too aggressive/forward?
- Confidence is sexy and honesty is important. Let it out, but
don’t hang on it.
- “If someone can’t handle you being real and honest
with them, then they’re probably not someone who is always going to
be calling you up and out for the rest of your
- Would you date a woman that doesn’t share your
- Jarod says no, in short. He is Christian and would need someone
who shares his worldview.
- Are you intimidated by a woman w a successful
- He wants the answer to be no, but the honest answer is
- The time when it can feel most intimidating is at the start of
a relationship, but he would definitely still ask her out.
- 10.What’s something that women do that
- Distrust and not supporting his future would be
- “Everything magical lies outside of your comfort
- 11.What’s something a woman can do to
honor you/makes you feel like a man?
- Belief—everyone loves to have someone believe in them.
- Luke Stafford— @itslukestafford (he’s single, ladies!) is a
friend who calls him out and he is grateful for it.
- 12.What are you looking for in a
- “I’m looking for someone who is going to challenge
me, push me, and believe in me. I don’t want just a
- 13.Why do you think a lot of guys
don’t want to date within their own community i.e.
- He notes the challenges that arise when there is close
proximity in this way. If it doesn’t work out—a guy doesn’t want
that ‘Scarlett letter.’
- Don’t let fear be motivating any of your decisions in
- 14.Where are all the single godly
men—do you think there are more single than women, or does it just
seem like that?
- “Put your eyes on what has been set before and it
will be one of those moments of synchronicity.”
- The question is rooted in fear.
- “Ask the Lord to quiet your mind and ask Him to
Thank you so much for listening to the podcast and being part of
this community! If you enjoy listening, I want to invite you to
subscribe to us on iTunes and rate and review us. Search “The
Refined Collective” on the purple podcast app on your phone. Share
your review on IG stories + tag us so we can show you some
Hey, single ladies— are you frustrated by the dating world?
This episode is brought to you by my free guide called “6 Tips to
Activate Your Dating Life with Intention and Clarity.” These
resources helped propel me from sitting on the couch to out on a
date. Head over to
Bit.ly/trwdatingtipsto check it out! With you on