Nov 7, 2018
Integrated feminine wholeness coach Morgan Day Cecil’s message is that
God designed you to embrace your inner sexy, and you deserve to
lean into it. We are new friends, and already her femininity has
inspired me. I hope she will inspire you to embrace your womanhood
and sexiness as well. We talk about owning your sexuality for you,
and not another person. We explore a topic I never have discussed
publicly yet: self-pleasure a.k.a. masturbation.
How to Embrace Your Sexuality
- When women ask how to embrace their sexuality, they are asking
the permission to find freedom.
- “We want a feeling of authenticity and freedom and
wholeness in this area of life that sometimes seems scary and
- The typical definition of ‘sex’ is focused on the male
- “I want to feel alive. I want to feel desired,
loved, wanted.” Often, people see sex as the answer
to these needs.
- Morgan recalls how her relationship with sex changed before and
after becoming Christian and finding a deeper understanding of her
- “I started experiencing my sexuality through
Your Sexuality Is for You
- One of the biggest lies I believed was that my sexuality was
for another person. But then I bought myself some
lingerie for me, because I am worth being
connected to my sexuality whether or not a man gets to experience
- Morgan went on a retreat in Rome and distinctly remembers
bringing these women to buy lingerie for themselves.
- “It doesn’t have to be about men. When that
masculine energy comes in, we feel like we are in the seat of
power. Not power over, but power that belongs to us because we are
inhabiting our wholeness.”
- Too often, female sexuality is seen as dangerous and
- “It’s this divine dance of intimacy that we are
invited to be a part of.”
- Coming to a deeper understanding your own sexuality is to
become closer to God.
- “Start intentionally making love with
Heartbreak to Healing
- Morgan found herself pregnant with the child of a man who
wanted nothing to do with it. She reflects on the moments of
loneliness in this time.
- Fear and anxiety led her to the hospital, but she left with a
clearer vision for her life.
- “I empowered myself to do what I could from where I
- She was in the Cinderella mindset: “Somebody else
has the power to give me a beautiful life.”
Inviting God into the Desire
- Masturbation is one of the number thinsg Christian women ask us
- Intentional self-pleasuring can be a very sacred practice. Most
people masturbate in a fantasy that is devoid of any real
- We talk about the slippery slope between the experiences women
can have with self-pleasure.
- To avoid the wrong experiences, we have to ask ourselves,
“What story preceded this desire? Was it a story where
the theme is fear or love?”
- If self-pleasure seems like a big step for you, go at the pace
you feel comfortable with. Maybe that means just being present in
nature. This is your journey and you make all of the
I am so grateful for Morgan and for this unexpected turn in our
conversation that I hope will speak to your souls. You can keep up
with her at her website.
She also posts videos to YouTube
daily and she has a workbook available called “A New
This episode is brought to you by Steereo.com. Are you obsessed
with music? Are you looking to stay ahead of the next big music
trends? If you become a contributor at Steereo.com/contributor, you
can get rewards for rating music!
And another thing- I’ve launched a Bible study for YOU! The
Space Between Bible Study and Meditation Guide will give you tools
to create a regular rhythm of time with God. Head over to therefinedwoman.com/prayer
to grab your guide.