Oct 31, 2018
Do you ever meet someone and just know that they’re the real
deal and you immediately dive in to some real talk? Jordan Lee Dooley is one
of those girls. If you know her, you know this, and if you don’t,
well… you’ll see. This girl lives in a farm house in Indiana with
her husband and is the author of
Purpose and the creator of the She Podcast. Her
mission in life is to show others their purpose and encourage them
to live out that purpose.
Being an Honest Example
- “It’s trendy to use that language. It’s not so
tangible to put into practice.”
- As an achiever (where my type 3 enneagram ladies at?), she
wrote an entire book and found that she wasn’t slowing
down or celebrating after.
- “I was living under this chronic pressure to
- After having a shower meltdown and panicked phone call to her
mother, she decided to show herself some grace and focus on
practicing what she preaches. “If I say this publicly,
is it being represented 100% privately?”
- We talk about the balance between not sharing things before you
are ready to and not putting on an act of having it all
- “My ideas create chaos in my
- She recognizes that she had a broad vision that didn’t bring
structure to her life and work. Once she sat down and got clear on
that, she found structure and boundaries.
- “At what point have I made things out of a place of
‘this is expected of me’ rather than from a place of ‘this is truly
my heart’s passion’.”
- She talks about dropping the need to please everybody.
- Implementable imperfect action… Jordan likes to physically
write down what she is working on so she can assess what is
actually in line with her mission and purpose. Pressure versus
- “I have more space in my life.” She
now works with her team to make sure things are restructured
according to purpose.
- “God is good, even when life is not… Rooting myself
in that truth helps me make decisions.”
- Focusing on this truth allows her to detach from circumstance
and focus on her purpose in every area of life.
If you loved this episode, take a screenshot and share on your
IG stories! Tag @therefinedcollective and let’s have a conversation
about the episode.
This episode was sponsored by Branch Basics, a brand created by
women with the goal of revolutionizing the home with non-toxic
cleaning products. These products bring simplicity and
functionality into your life and I’m all about that. They gave me a
special code to share with you for 20% off your first order:
(refinedcollective). Thanks, Branch Basics!