Jun 12, 2019
This is the first time ever I have had two guests at the same
time! This week, I’m talking with Mac and Kenz of Delight
Ministries. Together, they co-founded Delight Ministries for
college women. It has chapters at about 150 different college
campuses! They meet weekly to create space for women to come and
feel known and loved and build each other up. They also host a
podcast, which you can listen to here. This
episode, they give practical tools for how you can unpack your
calling and purpose.
Unpacking your Calling + Purpose
- Solidify your identity
- You have to know who you are! If you hang your identity on
something like ‘good at playing guitar,’ you’re setting yourself up
for an identity crisis when you realize how many other people are
also good at playing guitar.
- “I could become president tomorrow and my identity
would not change.”
- This goes for jobs as well as relationships—never place your
identity in either!
- A good indicator that your identity is misplaced is when you
feel like you are constantly striving and struggling to prove
- Healing from your past
- We take baggage into new seasons of our lives—both the good and
- For the bad, you have to unpack that so that it doesn’t become
dead weight, drag you down, and negatively affect your future.
- Your past traumas have the potential to bring light to your
- “Let God search you and search yourself to be able
to move forward.”
- A tangible way of doing this is to stop blaming and start
taking ownership of circumstances.
- Grow spiritually mature
- “Stepping into our calling meant that our life was
probably going to look different to the people around
- They believe in active waiting—you can be productive while
you’re waiting. You have to be constantly taking steps toward your
- Seeking God, community, and self-awareness are all active.
- Stop comparing
- Identify what comparison is stealing your joy and bring it to
- “Comparison is turning up the volume of the enemy’s
voice in our lives.”
- The antidote to comparison is celebrating others who you would
otherwise be jealous of.
- Don’t become so focused on comparison that you find yourself in
someone else’s calling instead of your own.
- “What’s right and perfect for her is not going to
be what’s right and perfect for me.”
- “When I celebrate her gifts, it gives me freedom to
really step into my unique gifts.”
- Step into your passions
- “So many of us are half-heartedly following these
- Heads up, ladies… guys are really into when women are
wholeheartedly following their dreams.
- “Your relationship should feel like a gift, not an
- Follow the things that light you up and make you feel
- So many people are too afraid to step into their passions
because of the fear of failure.
- Piece of advice: Grab a friend who has the same passion and
step into it together!
Keep up with these amazing ladies on their website at DelightMinistries.com. Get
in touch with them if you want to start a chapter of Delight
Ministries on your college campus! You can buy their book “How to
Prepare for Your Future Love Story” here!
P.S. I've taken your top questions + doubts + insecurities +
made them into a FREE ONLINE WORKSHOP NEXT WEEK: The 3 Biggest Breakthroughs
that Will Transform Your Dating Life: Equipping You to
Navigate Christian dating in a swipe-right, swipe left culture with
intention, hope, and clarity.
So FRIEND....SIGN YOURSELF UP FOR A SPOT. Click here!