May 30, 2019
This week, the Dudes Series continues with Tim Timberlake! He is
the pastor of Christian Faith Center in North Carolina. He has been
married to wife Jen for five years and together they are the
parents of a two-year-old named Maxwell Ace Timberlake. He calls
himself a Christian first, a husband second, a father third, and
then he’s a pastor.
How do you grow together in marriage?
- Tim shares his experience as a divorced man who went on to find
the love of his life.
- “You can absolutely be married to God’s perfect
choice, but if both people aren’t pursuing God, then that quickly
- Communication can help us to grow together, because change is
- “Every want that I have is leading me towards my
- We have to lean into the promise from God that we will be with
the person we are meant to be with.
- “We don’t get let down by what happens to us, we
get let down by what we expected not to happen to
3 things to put on your list:
- Do you guys make those lists of perfect qualities you’d like in
- “My list at 20 is completely different than my list
- Make sure that your list focuses on common ground—things that
can bring you closer as a couple. Make sure he pursues Jesus, and
physical attraction is important too!
How can we practice sacrifice as single
- Love is a choice and there is no other relationship that sets
us up for the sacrifices and commitment through the tough times
when we are in seasons of singleness.
- “The way that I treated my time with God was the
exact same way I treated the people around me who needed my
- He notes that whenever he finds himself being short with the
people he loves, he can pinpoint it to not spending enough time
- “I want this person to win more than I want to win
in this relationship.”
- Can guys tell when a woman likes her?
ABSOLUTELY! But misreads do happen.
- Does attraction have to be there from the
start? Attraction will constantly evolve.
- Which do you value more—respect or love?
Respect and honor go hand in hand. Honor is impossible without
love. There has to be action behind it.
- How do I know if he likes me? If he makes
sacrifices for you, he’s serious about you. There’s a distinction
to be made between want (convenience) and like.
You can keep up with Tim at TimTimberlake.tv or on
Instagram at @ttimberlake and
Thank you so much for listening to the podcast and being part of
this community! If you enjoy listening, I want to invite you to
subscribe to us on iTunes and rate and review us. Search “The
Refined Collective” on the purple podcast app on your phone. Share
your review on IG stories + tag us so we can show you some
Hey, single ladies— are you frustrated by the dating world?
This episode is brought to you by my free guide called “6 Tips to
Activate Your Dating Life with Intention and Clarity.” These
resources helped propel me from sitting on the couch to out on a
date. Head over to
Bit.ly/trwdating to check it out! With you on