Mar 12, 2019
This week I’m chatting with Kait Warman of Heart of Dating—our
first repeat guest!! She’s based in LA so we are long-distance gal
pals encouraging each other on our journey of singleness. Today,
we’re diving into online dating. Kait sets you up with her top
online dating tips (and even shares her favorite app). Make sure
you tune into her podcast this week to hear me share my tips for
online dating! We may or may not break out into song…
Why online dating?
- Some people think online dating isn’t Godly dating, but God
works in all ways.
- We have to be active in dating. She references a book called
“How To Get A Date Worth Keeping” by Henry Cloud, saying “Unless we
expect to marry the Amazon delivery guy, God is not dropping a guy
on our doorstep.”
- Worried about sketchy guys? It’s just like the real world.
You’ll find some weirdos, but there are also some really great guys
What are the best photos to use?
- Make sure you’re sharing not just your face, but your
- Don’t make every photo a mirror selfie, make sure you’re
switching things up so that every photo is there for a
- At least one photo should be fairly close and very clear so
that they know what you actually look like. And throw in a
full body photo too!
When is it time to take it from online to real
- Find something you have in common through asking questions. For
example, Kait knows that an extreme sports guy is not the
right one for her.
- Make sure you share a core value. Kait always like to know the
guy loves Jesus before she goes out with him. She puts it clearly
on her profile and if they ignore that, she considers it to be a
- A good question to ask is “What are your top 3 things to do
over the weekend?” That gives him a chance to share his hobbies as
well as if he goes to church.
Top 3 Online Dating Tips:
- Be patient and open-minded. If you are in the mindset that
online dating is awful, then you are going to have an awful
- Be specific with your questioning and know what you’re looking
for—you don’t want to go in blind!
- Know when to take a break. If you’ve been on for a while and
are feeling run down and rejected, step away from it until you feel
ready again. Keep your boundaries clear; the apps will always be
Kait’s favorite dating app?
- Hinge! It has changed over the years, and now it lets you
answer questions about yourself and set religious
Final dating advice?
“See the process of dating as an amazing means to meet different
Keep up with Kait at
Heart of Dating and @heartofdating. You
can connect with her personally on Instagram at @kaitness.
Hey, single ladies— are you frustrated by the dating world?
This episode is brought to you by my free guide called “6 Tips to
Activate Your Dating Life with Intention and Clarity.” These
resources helped propel me from sitting on the couch to out on a
date. Head over to
Bit.ly/trwdating to check it out! With you on the
Thank you so much for listening to the podcast and being part of
this community! If you enjoy listening, I want to invite you to
subscribe to us on iTunes and rate and review us. Search ‘The
Refined Collective' on the purple podcast app on your phone. Share
your review on IG stories + tag us so we can show you some
Did you know that outside of @therefinedwoman
Instagram account, we also have an account for the
podcast? It’s under @therefinedcollective.
So head over to Instagram to see all things podcast related.
P.S. If you want to continue the conversation in a more private
setting, join my Private TRW Single Ladies