Feb 19, 2019
Jessica Shakir is a motivational speaker, celebrity hair and
makeup artist, and beauty expert. Her passion is to help you use
your voice to unveil truth and beauty. She is a dear friend of mine
and we recently got to get together at my apartment to have some
fun photoshoots and sit down and chat for the podcast. We talk
about waiting for marriage, waiting for love, and praying to
Praying for Others
- Jessica and I are both prayer warriors, praying for others,
praying for celebrities.
- She reflects on her experience working with Eminem, who was
thoughtful and engaging the entire time they worked together.
- “Lord, anoint the works of my hands. Help me to be
a light, help me to reflect your love, even without having to say
anything about the Bible or Jesus.”
- As she was praying this before walking into her job, she
remembered that she had been praying for Eminem for five years
before the job. Her friend had asked her to.
- “I wasn’t in the habit of praying for people I
- She began to pray for him every time she heard his music,
praying that God would send the right people into his life to point
him to Heaven.
- “God used me to answer my own
- She remembers at the end of the job telling him “God bless
you.” He was taken aback. He thanked her sincerely and said, “God
bless you, too.”
Prayer + Love
- She reflects on her wedding day and her vows to her husband,
“It was an honor to wait for you,
- “In that moment, I thought, “Dang, I wish I could
delete all the times I compromised… I wish I could delete all the
times I didn’t trust God more.”
- She talks about her experience as a woman who waited to have
sex until she was married at 36 years old. “It was
powerfully intimate and wildly free.”
- Though she was a virgin on her wedding day, she still
- “My biggest regret is not trusting God
- She and her husband decided to not even share a single kiss
until they were engaged. “It made every touch so
magical and meaningful.”
- They met at a Super Bowl party and once she found out he loves
Jesus, she started crushing hard.
- “I knew he would be in my life forever and somehow
he would change it.” Seven months later, they were
A Season of Waiting
- She recognizes that the time of waiting can be the perfect time
to group in your faith.
- “The only reason I can be this happily engaged is
because first I was happily single.”
- She recognizes all of the personal growth that she experienced
during her waiting and how it all led her to where she is now.
- “Every chance I got, I chose to feed my
- She recognizes that you have to build muscles of integrity and
waiting. “You can’t build muscle without pushback and
- We share how we both spent time journaling and writing to our
Jessica reflects Heaven to me and I just feel brighter after
talking with her. I hope you feel the same way. You can keep up
with Jessica on Instagram at @jessicashakirbeauty
and at her websites: www.JessicaShakirBeauty.com
Hey, single ladies— are you frustrated by the dating world?
This episode is brought to you by my free guide called “6 Tips to
Activate Your Dating Life with Intention and Clarity.” These
resources helped propel me from sitting on the couch to out on a
date. Head over to
Bit.ly/trwdating to check it out! With you on the