Nov 28, 2018
You guys, this is a pretty important episode. You may know her
as Tutti del Monte if you follow her on Instagram or Sara
del Monte if you know her in real life. She is one of my best
friends, so I call her ‘sissy.’ This episode has quite a few
inside jokes and a whole lot of laughter. I wanted to share this
with you because Sara inspires me so much with her femininity,
grace, patience, and humility. She has gone through a major
transition in life this past year and has done so with such grace,
even when plans fall to pieces. I look up to this woman for a
million and one reasons and am so excited to be sharing her story
Where It All Began
- Sara met my ex at a housewarming party and he left the party
knowing that we would be best friends. We met later at a photoshoot
collaboration and It was love at first sight and we’ve been friends
- “If the only reason he was in my life was to meet
you…” “I certainly believe that.”
- This time last year, Sara was single, taking time for herself,
working out, and focusing on her work with her photography business
Boudoir by Tutti.
- Our entire friend group felt a change coming, but we weren’t
sure what it was going to be or who it was going to be for.
- “There was a shift happening and we were in
The Graceful Transition
- She became pregnant unexpectedly while living in New York.
Though this wasn’t part of her plan, she recognized that this was
something she has always wanted.
- “It took me my community and it took me some time
to understand what this would mean for my life.”
- She was determined to stay in New York and raise the baby among
friends. “I wanted my life to continue the way it was
plus a baby.”
- After doing some research and determining what it would
actually look like to have a baby in New York, she decided to move
home to Florida.
- “What keeps me sane is ‘what is the bigger picture
- “I always thought being pregnant was going to be
with a partner by my side experiencing every little kick of the
baby, every appointment at the doctors, every mile
- Not being in a committed relationship with her baby’s dad, she
experienced moments of loneliness and sadness. But she got to share
those moments with friends, family, and community.
- “I still have those things, it just feels so
- Though she was tired through pretty much all of her first
trimester, she enjoyed the experience of being pregnant.
Faith + Friendship
- We have spent a lot of time together doing devotionals and
discussing our faith. She isn’t afraid to ask questions and dig
into her faith.
- “God has really showed up in my life in the way of
- Now that she is a mother, she experiences God through her sweet
- “I feel very grateful that doors have been closed
when they have been and doors have been opened when they have
- We talk about how there are so many people praying for her
The Last Moments of Pregnancy/ The First Moments of
- Going in to labor, she knew she didn’t want any epidurals.
- “I wanted to experience birth, I just wanted to
completely experience it.”
- After going to a doctor appointment after her due date had
passed, she was told she needed to have labor induced.
- “Everything I had planned would from the very
get-go be different.”
- Packed for a trip to the beach, she instead took a trip to the
hospital to give birth.
- “Plan something and God up there is
- She reflects on the pain and beauty of going through labor and
letting go of her plans.
- “That moment you first see your child is
I’m going to end this with some advice Sara would have given
herself a year ago; I think it’s probably something a lot of you
need to hear right now. “Experience the process. There
is going to be light at the end of the tunnel.” You
can keep up with Sara, her work, and her journey of motherhood on
and at her website.
This episode is brought to you by my free PDF guide “How to
Slow Down: 6 Ways to Reset” It is so easy to rush through life. I
have been challenged over the year to pause, slow down, and reset.
This guide will help you to interrupt the chaos and actually find
time to do more things. Go to therefinedwoman.com/freebie
to check it out.